Monday, November 8, 2010

Un-ber-eeevvable


It was a beautiful two weeks in Singapore! I took second in the WFC and I'm super stoked because I rode the best I ever have in competition! The 13 hour time change and jet lag is still kickin my butt meaning I go to bed at 5:30 and wake up at 6am. It's been awesome for my social life ha. But should be back to the regular routine of work, and snowboarding in no time!
Here are my favorite things and fun times from Singapore:
1. First barrels every morning
2. Sunsets in Singapore! b-e-a-utiful
3. The South Africans
4. Orchid Towers. affectionately nicknamed four floors of whores. A mall by day, dance club/brothel by night (unfortunately for all the boys the trannys are hard to pick out)
5. The wavehouse in general is sooo sic! good food, staff, and the barrel is always in top shape thanks to Jeff Ranta!
6. First night at wavehouse it monsooned (hardest I've ever seen it rain in my life) Nick and Clayton decided to cut off these huge leaves as umbrellas. Turns out these giant leaves are poisonous. Too bad nick decided to cut his with his mouth....20 min later I walk by the bathroom and Clayton & Nick are in there naked showering (not together baha) and screaming bloody murder.
7. Kimono dragon that almost ate Barney
8. Sleeping in the huts. Freezing your butt off at night because you have to keep the air con at Siberia to keep the bugs out.
9. Siloso beach pool
10. Cable park (Bob and I getting worked on the last corner)
11. The parties at wavehouse! Fire dancing (where can I sign up for lessons?!)
12. Wavehouse Pizza
13. Being Nick's stylist at the billabong store
14. Sleeping on the wavehouse couches! So comfy and peaceful with the rain and ocean
15. Becoming Jeff's apprentice. I'm so skilled at picking glue and will be applying for an install position with waveloch shortly
16. sooo hec-tic! un-ber-eev-able. Beached az -Clayton Barker
17. Flight there. Truth & dare gets interesting when you're the only girl and you have a plane full of sleeping people
18. Cup of noodle (saved ma' life)
19. Huge boats and city lights
20. Funny falls on the barrel (for some reason I ALWAYS fall in pump 2 and get dropped...all you see is hair, then legs, then hair, butt crack...etc,
21. Boys boosting on the barrel!
22. All the girls were so cool and nice and I'm bummed I won't see them all for a year!
23. Marta and her daquiris before finals baha
24. Watching Sean & Nick take the cement shot aka semen shot (baileys and lemon juice)
25. 4 of us in a TINY bed the first night in Singapore. The room was so small our bags took up every inch of floor space
26. The paralyzer. Someone comes up behind you shakes your chin up and down while they pull up your nostrils with two fingers. You literally don't know how to react and can't move.
27. Game of life. You're not allowed to say 10 or mine. If you do it's ten push ups w/ claps on 7 & 9. Needless to say I did 240 pushups in one hour...and If i'm not mistaken that was the record for the week
28. This year I feel the progression of flowboarding has been pushed more than ever. Next year is going to be un-ber-eev-able!
29. The South Africans
30. The wavehouse employees! All of them are so cool and I genuinely miss them! On our last night they stayed late after work to walk Sean, Nick, and I and all of our bags to the station. They packed up our bags in the taxis and kicked it with us at the airport till 3 am.



I can't believe flow season is at a close for 2010! But that doesn't mean I will stop flowing! I will be practicing harder than ever and stepping up my game on the barrel and the flowrider! And I am proud to announce that I will be looking for design jobs close to a barrel in the upcoming year! It's going to be hec-tic as wes fisher would say!
xoxo
Crush

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home